All moods of cocktails can tease the palette. However; it is the popular ones that get all the buzz. They need no introduction, but although popular; are they easy to make? And although easy to make; are they considered to be cocktails of love ie.. romantic cocktails, sensual cocktails, sexy cocktails? The cocktails that provide that right kind of feeling. We called these cocktails “love potion 99”
In light of the sexiest holiday ever; “Valentines Day” we went on the search for love potion 99 a.k.a. sexual cocktails.
- Margarita: According to seriouseats.com The perfect margarita is all about fresh, crisp flavors barely tempered by triple sec and sugar.” Margarita’s are classic but remain on top as one of the most popular and sexiest cocktails. There is just something about the Margarita. Lick the brim on this love potion! Get the recipe from serious eats.
- Cosmopolitan: Leave it up to Carrie Bradshaw from HBO’s Sex And The City to make the cosmopolitan a popular cocktail; all while flaunting fabulous clothes. Women love stepping into the night playing the role under the spell of this love potion. Men prefer to steer clear of the Cosmo. Whatever the case may be the Cosmopolitan will forever remain popular and sexual.
- Sex On The Beach: Yes, this island fantasy cocktail is still on trend portraying an aura of sex. Pay homage to the sex on the beach; for this cocktail has been deemed “the baby maker” of all cocktails. Once in the system, the rest is history. Beautiful memories have been made from drinking Sex On The Beach. At least that’s what we heard (shameless grin). Get the recipe via Daily Meals.
- Ménage à Trois: The name says it all. Pack a smile and sense of humor when requesting this cocktail at the bar. Nevermind the extra stares and glances. This love potion lives up to its name. Rum is considered to be an alcohol aphrodisiac
- 3⁄4 ounce white rum
- 3⁄4 ounce Marie Brizard Triple Sec Liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce gomme syrup
- 3 strawberries
- 2 fresh basil leaves
Place 3 strawberries and 2 fresh basil leaves into the bottom of a mixing glass. Add the rum and crush slightly with a muddler. Add the other ingredients and some ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and pour into a cocktail glass. Garnish with 3 strawberries slices and a basil leaf on a swizzle stick.
What type of cocktail you consider your love potion? Many have a favorite. Are you one of them? Give us your feedback.